Thinking of God as a Father.
What does it mean to be “the salt of the Earth?”
The prodigal son. The father represents God, so excited and willing to welcome us home.
The seeds God has sown in your heart. What type of soil is your heart–will the seeds yield 100 or 60 times or wither?
A little of background.
Jesus and service.
Thank you Dirk for your final words to us. He reminded us of our mission statement: To know Christ and to make Christ known.
We wish you the best in your new faith journey. God Bless you all.
The power of the Holy Spirit and what that means for our daily lives. We need not be afraid to do that which is right and good.
- What is the meaning of Pentecost to you?
- Have you ever thought about the relational aspect of the Holy Spirit?
- What image comes to your mind when you think of the Holy Spirit? Why?
Many of us have our favorite image of Christ. We must be careful not to allow our image impede the understanding and belief of someone else.
- When you think of Jesus what image comes to mind? Why?
- Multiple images for Christ might be confusing to a newcomer. How can we make it easier to understand for them? Should we?
- Christ calls us to believe in him and become one of His sheep. What does that mean to you?
A lay person shares her personal testimony and the importance of family in her life.
- Have you ever wanted to share your testimony? Why haven’t you?
- Do you feel like the people you worship with are your family? Why or why not?
- Have you ever thought about how Psalm 23 is applicable to your life? Try it.
We all feel lost sometimes. How is it that you handle those times? Do you go fishing? Do you sit around the house brooding? Do you open yourself up to God’s love and express your love for Jesus Christ?
- When was the last time you felt lost unable to determine where you should move next?
- Have you ever heard God’s voice or felt a nudging that you were sure came from God? How did you respond?
- Do you agree with John that it all begins with love?