The seeds God has sown in your heart. What type of soil is your heart–will the seeds yield 100 or 60 times or wither?
A little of background.
Jesus and service.
Thank you Dirk for your final words to us. He reminded us of our mission statement: To know Christ and to make Christ known.
We wish you the best in your new faith journey. God Bless you all.
The power of the Holy Spirit and what that means for our daily lives. We need not be afraid to do that which is right and good.
- What is the meaning of Pentecost to you?
- Have you ever thought about the relational aspect of the Holy Spirit?
- What image comes to your mind when you think of the Holy Spirit? Why?
Many of us have our favorite image of Christ. We must be careful not to allow our image impede the understanding and belief of someone else.
- When you think of Jesus what image comes to mind? Why?
- Multiple images for Christ might be confusing to a newcomer. How can we make it easier to understand for them? Should we?
- Christ calls us to believe in him and become one of His sheep. What does that mean to you?
A lay person shares her personal testimony and the importance of family in her life.
- Have you ever wanted to share your testimony? Why haven’t you?
- Do you feel like the people you worship with are your family? Why or why not?
- Have you ever thought about how Psalm 23 is applicable to your life? Try it.
We all feel lost sometimes. How is it that you handle those times? Do you go fishing? Do you sit around the house brooding? Do you open yourself up to God’s love and express your love for Jesus Christ?
- When was the last time you felt lost unable to determine where you should move next?
- Have you ever heard God’s voice or felt a nudging that you were sure came from God? How did you respond?
- Do you agree with John that it all begins with love?
The Easter message for 2019. Hear Jesus calling you. See Him standing there just outside your heart saying your name.
- How did Jesus fulfill the Isaiah scripture read?
- Is Jesus the focus of your Easter or has He been replaced with something else?
- Do you hear Jesus calling your name? Can you see Him there just outside your heart calling to you?
It is not just words that touch the soul. Music is very powerful. Enjoy the music both classical and traditional church. Let it focus you on the one who should be at the center of all–Jesus Christ!
- What other ways can we touch people and get them to focus on Jesus besides sermons and music?
- What moves you to want to worship and be centered on Christ?
If we truly see Jesus and focus on Him we will serve Him and only Him.
- What would it mean to this our communities and our world if we who say we follow Jesus truly focused on Him?
- Do you agree that focusing on Jesus and truly seeing Him means that we serve Him and only Him?
- How can you better serve Jesus Christ today?